Partner – Wills & Estates, Private Client Services
Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates
Malcolm helps people to organise their assets so that they will be distributed according to their wishes upon their death. He works tirelessly to help his clients and their families realise their wishes. His work involves simple and complex Wills as well as administration of estates and disputes relating to estates.
Malcolm heads up the Wills and Estates Team and is passionate about working with families and individuals. His clients also include people who are unable or do not wish to manage their own affairs. He has extensive experience working in the LGBTQI community. His extensive experience will give you the confidence that your affairs are in safe hands.
- Wills and Testamentary Trusts
- Financial and Personal Enduring Powers of Attorney and Appointments of Medical Treatment Decision Makers
- Probate and Letters of Administration
- Advice on Wills, Estates and Trusts
- Challenging Wills (Testators Family Maintenance)
- Estate Planning and Succession Planning
- Guardianship and Administration
- Acting as Guardian, Administrator or Attorney or clients
- Acting as Trustee of Executor of Wills and Estates
- Management and Administration of Private Assets
Malcolm is an Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates. By attaining this Law Institute of Victoria specialisation Malcolm has demonstrated specialised competence in Wills & Estates. He is required to be re-accredited every three years and complete annual Continuing Professional Development to maintain his accreditation.
Malcolm is a Notary Public which means that he is qualified to witness documents and administer oaths for use within Australia as well as international documents for use outside Australia. As a Notary Public, Malcolm can:
- attest documents and certify their execution for use in Australia and overseas
- prepare and certify documents for use in Australian and overseas such as powers of attorney, deeds and contracts
- administer oaths for Australian and international documents
- witness signatures affidavits, powers of attorney and contracts for use in Australian and overseas
- verify documents for use in Australian and overseas
- certify copy documents for use in Australian and overseas
- Exemplify official documents for use internationally
Malcolm was an avid runner competing locally and internationally. Now a retired athlete he regularly walks, swims and goes to the gym to keep fit.
One of the best experiences I have had was when a lady came to see me after her husband had died. The house and bank accounts with a small amount of money in them were jointly owned, the husband’s only asset was a car worth a few thousand dollars. However, without his wife’s knowledge the husband had racked up more than $100,000.00 on credit cards. It was so unfair. After negotiating with the Banks and credit card companies I was able to have all the debts written off, she was forever grateful.